29.3.08

Journal Entry XIII

The following is part of a series of reposted journal entries made for a reporting class that I took last term. They aren't particularly edited, or necessarily even interesting (though hopefully they are), but they do a pretty good job of expressing what I am doing right now. And, of course, they are pre-made content. Reader beware.

Journal Entry 13: Crescent Village PR interview

While I waited for the firemen to get back from their call, I went over to the nearby Crescent Village to speak with the PR people and get the stereotypical tour. I figured it would be a good opportunity to get some basic pictures, and to put my toe in the door in case I needed to talk with people later, and I could get a feel for how the lease company was feeling about their media exposure.

In summary, once I got my message through the process went quite smoothly. I didn’t get anything I didn’t already know, but it was good to confirm a few little factoids (eg. Expensive housing, non-Eugene tenants, 2012 completion date) that I had heard earlier. I also got some renter’s literature, which might be useful if I need to throw out some official numbers from the developers.

This interview seemed to draw a lot upon the things that were talked about in the short story we read earlier in the class. The PR person, Julie, seemed a little rattled by my appearance, but I threw on my best smile and tried to appear pretty nonchalant. I left my notepad in my pocket, though I did get her permission to take photos of some of the rooms and the scale model of the village.

No comments: