28.2.05

Kentucky Is Not Prepared For The Zombie Holocaust

I have to admit that sometimes I run across news articles that just leave me speechless and desperately needing to leave the States. The following is a set of excerpts from an online article from a Kentucky-based local TV station:

["My story is based on fiction," said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."]

[Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.]

[On Thursday, a judge raised Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars after prosecutors requested it, citing the seriousness of the charge.]

[Poole is being held at the Clark County Detention Center.]

No comments: