3.11.08

Twitter

I'm not feeling well so I decided to sit down and try and figure out what the deal is with Twitter. After setting up an account and playing with it and reading about it, I've come to a few conclusions.

1. It is basically just the Internet Relay Chat that I played with as a kid, only with more mediums of communication that just an IRC client. So now you don't need to be a nerd to use it. Of course I don't use IRC anymore either.

2. Apparently journalists are losing their minds over it, and the RNC convention rioting was apparently some kind of turning point where people without Twitter were some stone age morons. Of course, considering how poor the coverage of the RNC convention was anyways I don't think that's saying much.

3. It is pretty cool to see a huge channel like http://election.twitter.com/.

No comments: